Agropolis is an integrated project which constitutes the convergence of several sectoral strategies of the Moroccan State:
- The Green Morocco Plan (Plan Maroc Vert), whose purpose is to enhance the territorial agricultural potential in order to develop a modern and competitive agriculture.
- The Emergence Program, which aims at providing the country with a strong industry that generates economic growth.
Agropolis represents the regional platform of reference for the consolidation, marketing, transformation, and distribution of agricultural products. This park will enable to promote the main industries of the Meknes Tafilalet region, namely:
- Milk, Cereal and Meat sectors, intended mainly for the local market
- The Olive-growing and Fruit & Vegetable sectors, intended mainly for export
The first instalment of Agropolis, covering a surface area of 130 hectares, is currently being marketed. It constitutes a real investment opportunity for industrialists, thus enabling them to improve their competitiveness and develop their businesses.
MEDZ, the planner and project manager, has the following institutional partners:
- The Ministry of Industry, Trade, Investment and and Digital Economy
- The Ministry of the Economy and Finance
- The Ministry of Agriculture and Maritime Fisheries
- The Ministry for Equipment, Transport, & Logistics
- The Wilaya of Meknes Tafilalet
- The Regional Council of Meknes Tafilalet
- The Urban Municipality of Meknes