The Agropole of Berkane is an integrated project which represents the convergence of several sectoral strategies of the Moroccan State:
- The Green Morocco Plan (Plan Maroc Vert), whose purpose is to enhance the territorial agricultural potential in order to develop a modern and competitive agriculture.
- The MED EST Strategy is a territorial variation of the Emergence Programs in Oriental Region, aiming to strengthen the industrial and service potential of the region.
This project aims to create a regional reference platform for the transformation, marketing, processing and distribution of agricultural products.
The site is located in the rural town of Madagh the heart of the irrigated perimeter of Melouya, halfway between Saidia and Berkane.
The first instalment, covering a surface area of 50 hectares, is currently being marketed.
MEDZ, the planner and project manager, has the following institutional partners:
- The Ministry of Industry, Trade, Investment and Digital Economy.
- The Ministry of Economy and Finance.
- The Ministry of Agriculture and Maritime Fisheries.
- The Ministry of the Interior.
- The Ministry of Equipment, Transport & Logistics.
- The Wilaya of the Oriental Region.
- The Oriental Region.
- The Oriental Agency.
- The Province of Berkane.
- The Rural Municipality of Madagh.